September 2013 Goals
If I can be honest, I’ve been looking forward to the end of summer for a few weeks now. There is something about Fall that makes me feel warm and settled. I also know that I spend less money going out as the weather chills. I’d much rather be indoors than hopping from here to there. While I’m not ready to completely give up long summer days, I do however welcome the change of pace. As such, I’m committed to returning to my monthly financial budgeting and goal setting. For this month I am going to work on paying down debt while saving. There are times when one or the other is the first to be sacrificed in the name of fun and a good time. I have a few outstanding payments that need to be made this month, and once they are completed I can begin to save towards my Winter vacation! Yup, I’m already thinking ahead of setting some time out to travel abroad. Over the last few years I’ve re-learned of the importance of travel, and just how much better it makes me feel to leave the country. I want to minimize discretionary spending (restaurant eating, I’m looking at you!) in order to see some more of the world. It’s more than a fair trade off in my eyes.
- Cell Phone- seriously, I pay wayyy to much for a cell phone. Must do something about it.
- Transportation- Minimal allocation for transportation because I typically bike to work!
- Dining/Entertainment- No allocation because in the last month I realized I spent $500 on both categories! Just thinking that I could have spent that on a plane ticket makes me want to cry.
- $400 into Emergency Fund
- Contribute to my church’s new project
- Secure one wholesale contract for my venture, Uriomma Delicately Smooth
- Work out 4-5x/week.
- Finalize Holiday travel plans- I’m looking to travel to the Caribbean. I need to confirm dates and book flight tickets ASAP.
- Make weekly food plan. I eat based on what I’m feeling at the moment, but having an outline will help me stay on target when deciding what I want to eat. Using a meal plan when shopping means I can only choose from what I have available rather than going to the store for ingredients for a certain craving.
- Read one book for fun
Ongoing 2013 Annual Goals:
- No buying lunch, snacks or coffee during the work week
- No buying clothing, shoes or accessories for the remainder of the year. This includes thrift stores as well!
- Try to make a difference in the life of one person. A significant difference